Get our toolbar!

Peoples in now

"Hai My Friends .Your Comments are My Blog Life
Impression So Please Give Your All Comments"

deleted my Recycle Bin in Vista - how do I get it back

Right click on your desktop Recycle Bin in Windows Vista and you'll get this popup:
Vista Recycle Bin context menu
I've highlighted the menu items of interest here: Empty Recycle Bin, which permanently deletes the contents of the Recycle Bin, and Delete, the standard context menu item that deletes the Recycle Bin icon itself.
And it works. Click on Delete and you get this message:
Remove Recycle Bin message
The problem of course is that we're so used to these popup confirmations that we often fail to notice or read them. I know I frequently mutter to myself "yeah, yeah, whatever" and press enter or click Yes without paying attention.
Whoops. The Recycle Bin disappeared.
But as you can see, the message gives the clue we need.
So, we dutifully fire up Control Panel and click on the Personalization options:
Vista Control Panel - Personalization
With all the options on the right in the big white emphasized area, it's very easy to miss "Change desktop icons" near the top left:
Vista Control Panel - Personalization - Change desktop icons
Click on that and you'll get this handy little dialog:
Desktop Icon Settings dialog
Click the Recycle Bin checkbox as I've highlighted above, click OK, and your Recycle Bin should reappear on the desktop.

0 comments

Post a Comment